0121 777 7864
JR Jones Solicitors Birmingham
solicitors Birmingham

Notary Public

Here at J R Jones Solicitors we can also offer the services of a Notary Public.

A Notary Public is a specialist lawyer who can witness or certify documents for use in foreign countries. By virtue of the Notaries signature and official seal, authorities in other countries will be assured that the relevant checks have been carried out.

As an example, when buying a property abroad you may need to give your overseas lawyer power to deal with the purchase. A Notary Public can watch you sign a Power of Attorney and then notarise this document to ensure that it is accepted in the country involved.

Examples of where you may need a Notary Public:

You may need a Notarised document in the following cases:

  • Sending a certified copy of your passportcontact us
  • Certify exam certificates for use abroad
  • Property transactions abroad
  • Setting up a Power of Attorney for use in another country
  • Swearing an Oath or Affidavit
  • Making a Statutory declaration
  • When marrying abroad you may need to prove your single status
  • Getting duplicate documents such as a passport
  • Authenticating a translation of a document
  • Getting permission for a child to travel with one parent
  • Legalisations or Apostilles
  • Registration of Trade Marks
  • Notarisation of commercial documents
  • Any other document for use abroad

If you have been told that you need a document notarising, please contact us for more information or to arrange an appointment. More information can be found at our specialist Notary website www.notarypublicbirmingham-mshabir.co.uk