0121 777 7864
JR Jones Solicitors Birmingham
solicitors Birmingham

Immigration – Partner Visa (including Spouse, Civil partners)

If your partner is a British national you can apply for a Partner visa which will allow you to remain in the UK for up to 5 years. If at the endcontact us of the 5 years you still meet the requirements you can then apply for Indefinite leave to remain in the UK. (For the purposes of a Partner visa, you must be a husband or wife or a civil partner of a UK citizen.)

It is essential that you have legal representation by specialist immigration solicitor to assist you with the process. We have specialist immigration solicitors who have a wealth of experience in dealing with Spouse and partners visas.

Spouse or Partner visa qualifying criteria:

  • You must have a satisfactory level of English
  • Both of you must be over 18 years of age
  • Your relationship must be ‘Genuine and subsisting’ and you must intent to live permanently in the UK with your partner
  • Your marriage or civil partnership must be recognised by UK law
  • You must show that you can support yourselves and any dependents without having to claim benefits from the government

One of the more difficult parts of meeting the above criteria can be showing that your relationship is ‘Genuine and subsisting’. To meet this criteria you must be able to show that:

  • You share responsibility for your finances and any dependents that you have
  • You are currently in a long-term relationship together
  • You are both living together and plan to remain so in the UK

If you would like to apply for a Spouse / Partner visa please contact us to speak to one of our experienced immigration solicitors who will be happy to assist you.