0121 777 7864
JR Jones Solicitors Birmingham
solicitors Birmingham

Immigration – Studying in the UK (Tier 4 Student Visa)

If you wish to come to the UK to study, you can apply for a Tier 4 Student Visa. Strict criteria must be satisfied to enable you to successfully obtain a visa which allows you to live and study in the UK.

It is essential that you have legal representation bycontact us specialist immigration solicitor to assist you with the process. We have specialist immigration solicitors who have a wealth of experience in dealing with Tier 4 Student visas.

Qualifying criteria for a Tier 4 Student Visa:

  • You must have English language ability just below GCSE level
  • You must have secured a place in a UK based education institution which is registered with the Home Office for full time study
  • You will only be able to gain entry to A-level or equivalent courses if the college or school is included in a list of “most trusted institutions”
  • You must show evidence that you have sufficient funds to pay for both your course and your stay in the UK
  • Show your certificates of qualifications from secondary school or college
  • Show your letter of acceptance at the UK education institution

There are a number of restrictions on a Tier 4 Student Visa, which means that you cannot:

  • Study below degree level if the course includes a work placement unless the course is being provided by a university, college or training provider with the status of ‘highly trusted sponsor'
  • Bring in dependants if the duration of the course is less than six months.
  • If you are applying to study a course lower than degree level under Tier4, excluding foundation degree courses, your dependants will not be able to work unless they qualify to work in their own right under Tier 1 or Tier 2 of the points-based system
  • If you are studying a course lower than foundation or undergraduate degree level your dependents will not be allowed to work in the UK

If you would like to apply for a Tier 4 Student visa please contact us to speak to one of our experienced immigration solicitors who will be happy to assist you.