0121 777 7864
JR Jones Solicitors Birmingham
solicitors Birmingham

The Court of Protection

Due to increasing life spans in general, the issue of diminishing mental capacity is becoming a growing issue for many people in this country.

If a family member (or even a close friend) becomes contact usmentally incapable of managing their own affairs, whether it be through an old age related disease such as Dementia or Alzheimer's, or because of an accident, it is often necessary for someone to apply to the Public Guardianship Office to be appointed as their deputy. Becoming a deputy simply means that someone will is then legally entitled to manage that person's finance and property matters.

A number of legal solutions do exist and one of our specialist solicitors can help you to determine whether the Court of Protection or a Lasting Power of Attorney is the most suitable route.

Deciding which legal route to take when you are faced with a situation where someone needs help is not easy and specialist legal advice should be sought.

It is often the case with diseases such as Alzheimer's and Dementia that the person involved will have fluctuating mental capacity, good days and bad. In these cases it is often prudent to seek medical advice to help determine the best solution. We can advise you on whether this is appropriate.

We have a great deal of experience in helping people to deal with the Court of Protection. Whether you simply need help with the application, or you need more involved help managing the person's affairs, we can help. Please contact us.