0121 777 7864
JR Jones Solicitors Birmingham
solicitors Birmingham

Immigration – Fiance Visa

If you are settled in the UK, you can apply for a Fiance visa to potentially bring your prospective partner to the UK, with the intention of getting married. A Fiance visa is valid for 6 months, during which time you must contact usget married or enter into a civil partnership. After you are married you can then apply for a Spouse or Partner Visa or apply for Indefinite leave to remain in the UK.

It is essential that you have legal representation by specialist immigration solicitor to assist you with the process. We have specialist immigration solicitors who have a wealth of experience in dealing with Fiance visas.

Fiance visa qualifying criteria:

  • You must show that you can support yourselves and any dependents without having to claim benefits from the government
  • Your relationship must be ‘Genuine’ and you must intent to live permanently in the UK with your partner
  • The sponsor must be either a British citizen or a permanent resident in the UK
  • You and your fiancé must be legally free to marry
  • You must have a serious intention o marry within 6 months of obtaining a Fiance visa

If you would like to apply for a Fiance visa please contact us to speak to one of our experienced immigration solicitors who will be happy to assist you.