0121 777 7864
JR Jones Solicitors Birmingham
solicitors Birmingham

Protection from Domestic abuse

If you are being abused by your partner or someonecontact us else close to you, we can help. The law in England provides certain remedies to domestic violence or abuse and we can assist you swiftly and confidentially . We can offer legal aid to cover the costs of any legal work involved.

For immediate advice contact us to speak to one of our specialist family lawyers.

What types of behaviour are classed as ‘Domestic Abuse?’

Domestic abuse can take a number of forms, including:

  • Violence & physical abuse
  • Emotional & verbal abuse (such as humiliation or name calling)
  • Sexual abuse
  • Harassment
  • Threats against you or your children
  • Intimidation

Can I get my partner removed from the home?

It is possible, in some situations, to have your partner removed from the home. A order, called an occupation order, is available which can state who can live in a property. This type of order can therefore be used to remove someone from your home. It is possible for this to be done forcibly by the Police if your partner refuses to leave.

What is a Court Injunction?

An injunction is a Court Order which instructs someone (for example your abuser) not to do something. If they continue with that behaviour after an injunction is put in place they will be in contempt of Court and may therefore be liable for arrest.

An injunction will also usually state that your abuser cannot contact you, harm you or harass you. This is known as a non-molestation order.

In some cases the injunction may include not allowing the person to come within a certain distance of you and not to contact you by telephone, text or email.

A non-molestation order can be made in conjunction with an occupation order in cases where your are judged to be at significant harm from your abuser.

If you have been subjected to any type of domestic abuse please contact us for advice.