0121 777 7864
JR Jones Solicitors Birmingham
solicitors Birmingham

Immigration – Indefinite Leave to Remain in the UK

If you have lived in the UK, legally, for a certain amount of time, you can apply for permission to settle permanently in the UK. This is knows as ’Indefinite leave to remain’.

Your right to remain will depend on a number of factors. It is essential that you have legal representation by specialist immigration solicitor to assist you with the process. We have specialist immigration solicitors who have a wealth of experience in dealing with Indefinite leave to remain in the UK cases.

Applicants must now complete a “Life in the UK” test to demonstrate that the have sufficient knowledge of life in the UK and the English language. (People aged under 18 or over 65 are exempt from the test).

There are a number of ways of qualifying to remain in the UK including:

  • People who have been in the UK on a valid HSMP (Highly skilled migrant programme), Tier 1 or 2 visa or work permit for a contact usperiod of 5 years
  • People who entered the UK on a spousal visa (or civil partner or unmarried and same sex partner visa) whose relationship ended due to domestic violence
  • People who entered on a 2 year spousal, civil partner, fiancé or unmarried and same sex partner visa
  • People granted 5 years leave to remain as a refugee

If you would like to apply for Indefinite leave to remain in the UK, contact us to speak to one of our experienced immigration solicitors who will be happy to assist you.

Even if you do not fulfil the above criteria, please contact us for more information as we may still be able to help you.